Monday, September 15, 2008

More on Pigeon Fever

Here is some more information about Pigeon Fever but this time it is local. Here is an article about it in “Equine News”, the quarterly newsletter put out by Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine. This newsletter always has really good information.

I got a report from East county that their pigeon fever outbreak is winding down but after talking with my vet, Ridgefield Equine Clinic, it is still around on the west side. Their suggestion is to up the fly control any way you can including fly masks and fly sheets. I asked if there was any type of spray or treatment. The answer? “My experience is that the flies just like to eat that stuff”. Oh well, we can just keep trying.

Sounds like this is all kind of new around here so send any information that you may have, and I’ll pass it on.

Stay tuned ......
And Blessings to you all,
Jody

No comments: