Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Help Needed
















I’m guessing that most of you locals know about the Clark County Fair Mounted Patrol aka Fence Riders. Dennis and I have been part of this fun group for about 8 years and they are a kind and generous group of people. This generosity goes overboard at Christmas time.

For the last 3 years we have ‘put on’ a Christmas Roundup for disadvantages children in conjunction with Cowboy Church and the Clark County Saddle Club at the Saddle Club.

The roundup is a day to show these kids and their families what cowboys are all about. There is a grand entry, demo of calf roping and barrel racing, a place for them to try their hand at roping, crafts, a wagon ride and other ‘Western’ activities. The two highlights of the day are a chance to ride a horse and a visit with Santa and Mrs. Santa.

We are a bit low in volunteers at this point and as Tim says below, we can use your help.


Hello all my friends. For it is that time again where we are scrambling for volunteers for the Christmas Round Up. That’s right I said Christmas. We put this event on every year around this time. This year we are extremely short handed. Some of our regular helpers are not here this year and others are busy, so I am sending an all hands on deck bulletin begging for help. The date is December the 6th. I know it is short notice. I will need you from around 10am until whenever you have to leave or 4pm. We need help with everything from side walkers for the horse rides to craft helpers to group leaders to kid herders to just general helpers. If you or someone you know can help please have them call me at 360-907-9983 or email me at gustov@tds.net .

Thanks

Tim Kienitz
One of the BIG THREE organizers

No comments: